Flyers Marketing Tips
Marketing Tips For A Better Door Hanger Campaign
- Is my door hanging campaign well-targeted?
The best marketing campaign is wasted without a relevant target. Ideally, your target should consist of the people or businesses ready to buy your product or service at the moment they receive your door hanger.
- Is my message short and my headline to the point?
Many door hangers fail because the marketer blends the objective of a door hanger and a brochure. By putting too much information on a door hanger, the recipient is overwhelmed and the message is lost.
Remember : In marketing, the law is E2 = 0.
Emphasizing Everything Equals Nothing.
- Does my door hanger address my recipient’s primary needs and concerns?
A good door hanger will address the needs of the prospect and highlight the benefits of your product or services in regards to those needs. A good friend of mine always says…,”A person, who buys a drill, doesn’t actually need the drill – they need a hole. Don’t sell the drill, sell the hole!
- Did I mention at least one thing that makes my product or service different from others?
Every product or service has competition. If it doesn’t have competition either no one has a need for your product or service, or it’s only a matter of time before it does have competitors. Make sure that your customer knows why your product is better than the other that they could buy.
- Is your customer service/customer commitment better?
- Is your product higher quality?
- Is your price better?All of these can be measured in terms of value.
- The goal of your marketing is to convince your prospect that your product or services has better value compared to your competition.
- Is my information accurate and my spelling correct?
Often overlooked, spell-checking is a very simple process. Have a few of fresh eyes look over your door hanger before you print your piece. Computer spell-check is usually not enough. Simple spelling and grammatical errors discount your validity. How good can your company be if you customer thinks you can’t even spell simple words?
Also, ALWAYS check your phone numbers, and promotions for accuracy!
TRUE STORY: We distributed 20,000 door hangers with the wrong phone number. Even worse, I have heard stories about a company who printed thousands of door hangers with a phone number that ended up being a competitor! Be sure to check phone number, addresses and information regarding any promotion that you have.
- Have I given the recipient several ways to contact me
(email, 1-800 number, etc.)?
You’d be surprised how many people still in this age of FREE long distance still won’t be inspired to call a company without a toll-free number. Email gives the customer the ability to write their requests without the return fire of a potential sales pitch in their ear. Lastly, a web site gives your customer the ability to research your company in-depth at their leisure. They don’t need to hear about it from a salesperson, your door is open 24 hours.
- Is my door hanger professional in appearance?
This is another often neglected though very important. Make sure that you have a professional appearance on anything that is representing your company.
If you do not have the ability to create professional looking door hangers or flyer in house – Please call us and we will help you!
- Have I used full-color wherever possible?
Studies prove that color increases response. With the changes in printing technology – full color door hangers and flyers have never been cheaper! You can usually print full color advertisements on a printing press for less than black and white cards at a copy shop. I recommend that you use at least two colors for your advertisement.
- Does my door hanger have a call-to-action? Does it clearly tell the recipient how to move forward, what to do, or whom to call? Does it push urgency?
The single most important feature of your door hanger should be the call-to-action. If we printed a door hanger showing how great our distribution service was, but gave no incentive to place an order with our company, we would dramatically reduce the amount of responses to our advertisement.
- Is my door hanger worth something?
Give your recipient an offer they can’t refuse. By giving a time-sensitive promotion or special only available to the recipient of your door hanger, you are inspiring them to purchase immediately, and you give yourself the ability to track the responses of your campaign. You can use a coupon or a promotional code for tracking purposes as well.